Pages

Saturday, September 15, 2012

I Always Do Worry for No Good Reason

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I volunteered to participate in an event at work. On Wednesday, the third annual Diversity Street Fair was held for a couple of hours in the middle of the work day. Employees and some community members set up tables or booths to display items, hobbies, or cultural foods - or just whatever people felt like sharing. It's a nice way to get people across this pretty big company to get out and see each other as regular people - not just office mates or scientists or managers, etc.  

I got a wild hair one day and responded to the call for volunteers. Deep down, I knew that I would do a fine job of displaying knitting stuff - I certainly have enough yarn, books, and tools to cover a table!  The closer I got to the date, the more I felt some stage fright, which was very silly. Some knitters and some non-knitters stopped and chatted with me. I pretended not to be shy, and I have been invited to join an small group of knitters. I cannot tell you how excited I am about that! I enjoy hanging out and doing crafty stuff with other people!!

Here is a picture of me at my table, courtesy of my friend Nanette:
I can't tell you why I am leaning a little, but it's kinda funny, right?  

I hope you are having a fantastic Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous of this fun work event! Looks like it was a beautiful day to sit outside and share your skills and general awesomeness. Glad it went well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...