Pages

Saturday, September 8, 2012

More than I expected from my mental health hour

I got off work a little early yesterday, which is typical for me on Fridays. Sometimes, I take this opportunity to do something by myself. I found a cozy spot in the lobby of the local library. There are some nice couches and an espresso stand in there, which draws in some hipsters. I saw some kids waiting for parents to pick them up, and a group of people were preparing for a celebration of all things related to Star Trek.

I was lucky enough to find my mp3 player in my knitting bag - hooray! Fueled by Florence + the Machine's Ceremonials (LOVE!!!), my knitting needles and I went to town. I started to look at my watch and was planning to leave to pick up the girls in about 10 minutes when an older couple approached me. I was confused when the lady looked like she was going to sit next to me - there were plenty of other places to sit. The man with her asked if they could interrupt me because his wife likes to knit and would like to chat for a bit. It was so sweet. We talked for a few minutes before I had to hit the road. It was a neat little surprise for my Friday afternoon break.

It made me realize how much I would really love to belong to a group of knitting/crafting people who meet up occasionally. I guess the crafting groups and book clubs probably won't come looking for me - I'll have to break out and find them!  :)

Oh, and Happy Caturday:

2 comments:

  1. I really miss our cross stitch group! If I still lived there I would knit with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky, I miss our old group, too! I was telling Greg how wonderful it was earlier today. I keep thinking about starting a crafty group here, but I can't figure out how to do is so people will actually want to join. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...