Pages

Saturday, October 13, 2012

3 Craft Retreat Projects - Part One: Paint Chip Calendar

I pinned this project ages ago, and it was in danger of becoming one of those pinned-but-never-actually-done-it things. My craft board is FULL of those! This crafty weekend was great, though, because I did THREE of my pinned projects! I am so proud!

So, I found this genius calendar (via Pinterest, of course) on the Crafty Chic blog, and I loved everything about it. It was so simple and inexpensive! I swiped the paint strips from Wal-Mart (two each of seven strips, just in case I messed anything up!), and the whole thing was really easy to complete. I glued the colors onto some white poster board, leaving room to write the month name at the top. Using a dry-erase marker on the glass of the frame (I used a 16x11" frame) is really neat and fun.

This one is hanging up in my office at work, and I have been getting lots of nice comments about it. We may even have some normally non-crafty types trying this one!
 
I just got back from the store a couple of minutes ago with the supplies to make another one - muted colors this time - to use at home. I'll post that one soon, I promise!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...