Pages

Saturday, October 13, 2012

3 Craft Retreat Projects - Part Two: Painted Tissue Box Cover

Another pinned project - COMPLETE! I loved the look of the painted tissue box cover from The Harpster Home blog. I am by no means a painter, but I felt pretty confident in my ability to put this together. I have a collection of acrylic paints, and I usually use them with my foam stamps or some stencils. Nothing too complicated, you know. I recently used some paint on a project with some small canvases - I should share those! I used the same colors on this box, and I like how it ties things together in my office.

If you compare the original, inspirational box with mine, you'll see that my technique probably isn't anywhere near as nice. I am not ashamed of my box, though!  :-)  It was seriously fun and really quick to make. I put a layer of white on the whole thing, and I ended up having to put two coats of the color on top of that.

It looks pretty sweet on my desk, don't ya think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...